You may not realise it yet, but you are very familiar with Ingrid Tufts’ ceramics. Yes, you have sipped coffee from her cups at establishments such as Cumulus Inc, Dukes Coffee Roasters and Auction Rooms (you can also add The Windsor Workshop to that list – custom made thank you very much); you have seen her pieces in Donna Hay, Safari Living and Koskela; you have seen her collaborate with artists such as Katherine Bowman and Michaela Bruton AND she has been an Official Merchandise partner for Opera Australia. Now that is what I would call an impressive ‘projects’ list! And now you can meet this wonder woman of porcelain powers at The Windsor Workshop making your very own 4 Piece Tea Set - you will make a coffee/tea beaker, sugar bowl and spoon and milk jug - your morning coffee will never taste so good!
Over a fun filled, coffee fuelled, champagne sipping lunch, you will learn…
- How to make shape a small ceramic coffee/tea beaker
- How to make a matching sugar bowl, teaspoon and milk jug using porcelain
- Different decorating techniques including texture and Japanese tissue transfers
What You Get
- Students will make their tea set, which will be fired and glazed and ready for collection one to two weeks after the workshop. Students will be required to pick up their pieces between business hours on designated days the weeks following the workshop (you will be notified via email).
- You will also enjoy a gourmet lunch of home made goodies (think sandwiches, salads and sweets) – did I mention wines from “Cake Wines”? Yep – wine too...
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.
We will likely have the cameras out so you will be photographed at this event. Please notify us if you would prefer not to be photographed.