Words to describe Jess Wootten, Cordwainer and Leather Craftsman at “Wootten” - second generation shoe maker / bespoke + beautifully handcrafted / local producer of quality slow fashion / the bloody friendliest bloke this side of the Yarra! Now if that doesn’t lure you in, this certainly will - hand make your very own leather handbag under the instruction of Jess!
Who Wootten want to take part in this workshop, I ask? Imagine boasting a fancy handbag THAT YOU MADE YOURSELF! Join us in this highly anticipated workshop on Saturday 1st April – get in quick as these seats are hot to trot and strictly limited! Last time we sold out and had a waiting list - so don't miss out!
Over a fun filled, coffee fuelled, champagne sipping arvo, you will learn how to…...
- Hand cut leather
- Hand sew leather
- ‘Finish’ the leather
- Select and grade leathers
What You Get
- A fine piece of Australian tan leather from Ballarat, plus all the materials you will need to hand sew your handsome leather bag
- A once-off special offer on the purchase of a beautiful Wootten apron
- Food, glorious food! Have you seen our grazing table? Let’s just say we not only feed your minds, but we feed your tummies too. We will nourish you with an array of fine food, designed to fuel your body ready to produce that final masterpiece!
- Oh, and a glass or two of delicious sparkling wine...
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.