Ain’t nothin’ sweeter than a Sweet Bake’s cake! Mountains upon mountains of velvety sponge, layer upon layer of sugary florals - Alisha’s towers of tantalising tastiness are like nothing we have ever witnessed before! A self taught baker, Alisha is able to create modern works of edible art - incorporating fashion and event trends into every design. But it’s not all about looks folks - it’s what’s on the inside that counts (isn’t it always?!)…. and THAT my friends is what we are talkin’ about! Stop me from drooling. All. Over. My. Computer….
In this workshop we are teaming up two of the best - Sarah Hankinson from Santiago Sunbird (Watercolour Wonder Woman) and Alisha Henderson (Contemporary Cake and Sweet Designer) - and together they will be making (can you guess?!) - WATERCOLOUR CHRISTMAS COOKIES! Edible Illustration! This is what we refer to as “BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”. First half of the workshop, Sarah will teach you the basics of Watercolour / second half of the workshop, Alisha will transfer those newly acquired skills using edible paints onto her delicious cookies. This will be a fun and flirty workshop - no Sarah Wilson converts allowed! Well…. on this day anyway! Christmas gifts abound!
Over a fun filled, coffee drinking, champagne sipping morning you will learn…
- The basic techniques of Watercolour painting
- The joy of colour!
- How to mix edible paints, trace illustrations and apply solid black lines and paint onto cookies.
What You Get
- 4 Delicious Jumbo Cookies painted by you, made by Alisha for you to keep and enjoy on Christmas Day or Gift to someone special.
- Mini rolling pin, paint brushes and Christmas limited edition “Santiago Sunbird” laminated placemat.
- Information booklet to reference at home post workshop
- Food, glorious food! Let’s just say we not only feed your minds, but we feed your tummies too. We will nourish you with an array of fine food, designed to fuel your body ready to produce that final masterpiece!
- Oh, and a glass or two of a lovely bubbly
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.