The roads and footpaths of Melbourne, littered with objects that have been tossed aside, the owner no longer requiring its ‘services', are the perfect inspiration for a contemporary jeweller like Romy Mittelman. Romy loves the thought of literally scooping up these abandoned objects, knowing that the object in hand has its own unknown history and past. We are fortunate enough to have Romy lending us her intensely sparkling gold and silversmithing skills in a “Lost Wax Casting” jewellery workshop.
Over two weeks, you will create your own personal and unique bronze pendant (using a jeweller’s wax which is then cast into bronze and finally hung on silken thread). Romy’s workshop is perfect for budding jewellers, those of us who cherish the handmade or anyone wanting to experience a skill or technique not widely available for industry outsiders. This class is a 2 part workshop and will run over two mornings - Sunday 19th June (10 – 1:30) and Sunday 26th June (10 – 11) - book now
Over a fun filled, coffee drinking, vino sipping morning you will learn…
- How to carve a pendant using two different forms of wax.
- How to cut and solder the wax.
- How to apply different surface patterns and finishes to the wax.
- How to clean up the cast metal (bronze), filing and finishing of metal surface.
What You Get
- Wax to make a small pendant.
- The finished wax piece cast into Bronze.
- Silk thread to hang your pendant.
- Information sheet to reference at home post workshop (including information on where to source wax / tools and where to cast to pursue their jewellery career!)
- Food, glorious food! Have you seen our grazing table? Let’s just say we not only feed your minds, but we feed your tummies too. We will nourish you with an array of fine food, designed to fuel your body ready to produce that final masterpiece!
- Oh, and a glass or two of vino!
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.
You are likely to be photographed at this event. Please let us know if you would not like to be published