In a day and age where more and more emphasis is being placed on handcrafted pieces made with integrity and unique craftsmanship, Philippa Taylor would find herself sitting on the top rung. Combining handmade porcelain pieces with meticulous weaving, her 'wearable art is both elegant and grounded’. Her work has an earthy feel that could date back 1000’s of years to when tribes of women sat around weaving and knotting and creating remarkable pieces of both culture and art.
We are simply over joyed to be offering a workshop with Philippa, where you will learn how to create contemporary jewellery out of materials such as rope and fibre. Do not miss out on this wonderful opportunity to spend some time with one of Melbourne’s most admired artists!
Over a fun filled, coffee fuelled, champagne sipping morning, you will learn…
- A series of construction techniques to create jewellery from rope
- Macrame knots
- Weaving techniques
- Tassel making
What You Get
- Depending on skill level, you will walk away with a few test pieces and or a finished necklace ready to wear.
- A pack containing needle / fibre / rope / findings to make a piece of rope jewellery, plus take home notes so you can continue on your merry jewellery making way!
- Food, glorious food! Have you seen our grazing table? Let’s just say we not only feed your minds, but we feed your tummies too. We will nourish you with an array of fine food, designed to fuel your body ready to produce that final masterpiece!
- Oh, and a glass or two of delicious sparkling wine...
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.