In a day and age where more and more emphasis is being placed on handcrafted pieces made with integrity and unique craftsmanship, Philippa Taylor would find herself sitting on the top rung. Combining handmade porcelain pieces with meticulous weaving, Philippa forges a great respect for both materials - integrating the ‘honest utility of weaving with the elegance and purity of porcelain, she focuses on a material connection between strength and fragility’. And in this workshop you will be doing just that!
Taking a simple, pre-made (by Philippa) ceramic bowl, you will basket weave using an array of fibres and rope to produce a refined and sophisticated vessel / object. Philippa’s years of teaching experience are truly on show as she ensures each and every one of her students masters these skills. This is truly a wonderful opportunity to spend some time with one of Melbourne’s finest Artists!
Over a fun filled, coffee fuelled, champagne sipping morning, you will learn…
- A series of construction techniques to create a vessel from rope and porcelain
- Basket Weaving techniques
- Introduction to colour theory
What You Get
- Depending on skill level, you will walk away with a sophisticated vessel or a nearly finished sophisticated vessel!
- A pack containing needle / fibre / rope / small ceramic bowl to make a woven ceramic vessel, plus take home notes so you can continue on your merry making way!
- Food, glorious food! Have you seen our grazing table? Let’s just say we not only feed your minds, but we feed your tummies too. We will nourish you with an array of fine food, designed to fuel your body ready to produce that final masterpiece!
- Oh, and a glass or two of delicious sparkling wine...
Check out some reviews from our recent Woven Rope Jewellery Workshop with Philippa:
“Loved every minute! It was well organised, great vibe and the catering was delicious! Learned heaps from Philippa who was very generous with her advice, assistance and resource tips.”
“The rope jewellery class was a great way to learn about basic weaving techniques that could be applied to jewellery and baskets. Swoon worthy materials and a excellent space to work in, I have definitely found another crafting obsession and am looking forward to booking more classes at The Windsor Workshop.”
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.