Warped Threads – come at us again, and again and again! Knotty and gnarly; soft and sultry or perhaps perfectly proportional – the choice is yours when you sign up to Warped Threads’ Advanced Weaving Workshop. Courtney and Nicky are well known for their wonderfully wicked weaves – their creative process is both spontaneous and organic resulting in bespoke works worth the lengthy wait list! Join us in this highly anticipated workshop on Saturday 28th July to advance your already blooming weaving techniques! Please note - this is an advanced weaving workshop, so some prior weaving experience is necessary. You will be required to bring your own loom to this workshop – should you wish to purchase an Unusual Pear loom, you can use the code to WARPEDTHREADS for a 10% discount at - www.theunusualpear.com. (10% offer available until 2 weeks before workshop)
Over a fun filled, coffee drinking, champagne sipping morning you will learn several advanced weaving techniques such as...
- Weaving techniques such as Loopy Rya, Pile Weave, Hem Stitch.
- Shapes (including the mysterious circle) and detailed interlocking techniques.
What You Get
- Yarn and needle.
- Information booklet to reference at home post workshop
- Food, glorious food! Let’s just say we not only feed your minds, but we feed your tummies too. We will nourish you with an array of fine food, designed to fuel your body ready to produce that final masterpiece!
- Oh, and a glass or two of a lovely vino.
- Note - BYO loom - Loom must be warped and ready to go when you arrive. Please contact The Unusual Pear, should you wish to purchase a loom before the workshop (in any size). Use the code WARPEDTHREADS for 10% off
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
Terms and Conditions/ Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given.